Friday, August 17, 2007

Musician Sam Moore says radio has no soul


WASHINGTON -- Sam Moore was resplendent in cool suede jacket, cool luminescent shirt and really cool shoes. I don't usually pay attention to other men's shoes, but they were really cool. I guess that just goes to show, when you've got cool, it never goes away.When Moore was half of the singing duo Sam and Dave, he helped define cool. At the height of the disco era, when I went to high school and college, I quit listening to radio and went plowing through the record bins searching for music made by people like Sam and Dave.I was a bluesman back then. I guess I still am, though I've always had a tinge of country and western. About the same time I "discovered" Sam and Dave, I also "discovered" Bob Wills and Muddy Waters. They weren't playing those guys on the radio, when "Copacabana (At The Copa)" was topping the charts, but in the 1960s they burned up the airwaves.
Read more at The Hollywodd Reporter
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/content_display/features/columns/think_tank/e3ided21673370e52a36f8c33fd163cb1ce