Wednesday, October 10, 2007

KBRW, Barrow Alaska logged on medium wave


Congrats to Patrick Martin for logging KBRW on medium wave - thanks for sending it in!
Gayle VH

After several tries and several tentatives through the past 25 or so years, I finally got a def log on my most wanted Alaskan.

680 AK, Barrow KBRW, fairly decent at times with powerhouse KNBR in a very tight phase from 0615 to 0720 UTC 10/10. Often would fade up over KNBR with back to back ol rock, a bit of Bluegrass, and even some Roger Williams tossed in. No ID I could catch at 0700, just more non stop oldies, But at 0716, there was a pause of dead air followed by a femal ID as "KBRW 680 Barrow and ????? (numbers and letters) 88.1 Deadhorse (Some lp relay I guess). Then into a lengthy weather forecast, for the North Arctic coastal areas. Then 0724, back into non stop oldies. This was one of my toughest logs ever, with KNBR so darn strong up here. As I
mentioned, I have logged KBRW several times in the past tentatively, but never enough for a report that could be verified. Yipee!!! Now to get that QSL....This made my day, heck it made my year, maybe even the decade!!!
(PM-OR)

Station website: http://www.kbrw.org/NEWMAIN.html

Drake R8
WNW EWE
SW EWE
Quantum Phaser

Patrick Martin
KAVT Reception Manager